Monday, March 27

UNC Crit

My second race of the year. I was just hoping to keep it upright. Legs felt tired and tight today after the field test on friday. My race didn't go exactly as planned, but learned a lot. I could have sat in all day, but Ft. Lewis College had 9 guys in the field of 60 and were attacking every lap, until something stuck. I bridged to the third solo attack hoping to get a break started. I was afraid I was going to miss the winning move. Unfortunately a 3rd guy tried to bridge and basically drug the pack back up to us. I thought if we got caught, I would be able to sit in and recover, but FLC counter attacked as soon as we were caught and with only 20 guys all strung out, there was no place to hide. I chased solo for a lap and got back on, then they called a prime and I was out the back again. Probably should have sat in. Ended up finishing 20-25th/60.

No comments: