Monday, March 13

Small Town


Saturday, Ty and I hooked up with Krist T. ,a friend from back home, at Breck. He was out with some buddies he went to West Point with. I hadn't seen him in over 5 years. While I enjoyed relatively no responsibility through college, he made 2 trips to Iraq and Afghanistan. Glad he's back in the U.S. We spent time catching up on the lift rides and he offered some advice for Cori and I's upcoming trip to Italy. We eventually made it up to the Imperial Express. This is the highest lift in North America, taking you to the top of Peak 8 at 12,840 feet above sea level. At the top Ty and hiked across to Art's Bowl, and I skied the steepest run I've done so far ~45+ degrees through two rock outcroppings. As Ty, Steve and I like to say the Penalty for Failure on that run would have been severe. (Cori and Mom ignore the previous sentence) Great Day all around. There is just something about a connection you have with someone when you are from a small town.

No comments: