Saturday, April 8

Oredigger Classic Part 1

Today was the first stage of the Oredigger Classic. It was a hill climb up Lookout Mtn. Lookout is roughly 4.1 miles long with ~1500 ft of climbing. I got there about an hour before my start time and rolled up to the registration booth to get my number. The guy in front of me was all decked out in a Discovery kit at which point I noticed it was Tom Danielson. I guess he was wanting to add another hill climb record to his resume. I think the record is somewhere around 16 minutes. I preregistered so that I would have ample time to warm-up, however, it still took 20+ minutes to get my number. This cut my warm-up down to 12 minutes. Since I didn't get a good warm-up, I took it easy at the start, and finished strong. My goal for this season was to do this climb sub 23 minutes since 25:25 was my personal best last year (not good). I think my time was 23:07. I think this will get me into the top 20. I was pretty happy with this time since it is ~2:20 off my time last year and this was only the second time I've ridden it this season. Since most or our races are either crits or rolling in the early season, I haven't focused on climbing at all, so this was a pleasent suprise. I also picked up my Zipps yesterday, with these on my bike I feel fast, even if I'm not.

3 comments:

Bike Drool said...

Nice work in the uphill TT, Casey!! I'm pretty sure my time would have been like 55:34 or something? LOL

Let's hear Part 2 !!

TK said...

That is a kick ass looking bike! It does look FAST!!!!! Send us your Crit and overall results too....how did it go?

Unknown said...

Wish I had something like that when I was younger.