Wednesday, January 4

New Year's Weekend

Had 4 days off over the New Year. Friday, skied Breckenridge, but got so aggravated at all the people that I left early and had a burger and beer at the Breckenridge Brewery. Great place to go after hitting the slopes. Saturday I got on my road bike for the first time in a couple weeks. Awesome day, sunny with high of upper 50's. Made a lap around Cherry Creek Rez. and then had lunch at Emogene in Cherry Creek. Later that night Cori and I hit our favorite Vietnamese restraunt. We then had a drink at the Lucky Strike Lanes in Belmar. We finished the night watching Brokeback Mountain. Sad movie, but worth seeing. Sunday headed up to Boulder to ride with my team, but got there too late, so I ended up riding solo for 2+ hours. My behind was in revolt from the ride on saturday, and the wind was blowing 30+ mph. Not exactly my ideal ride, but still nice to get out and clear my head. Monday, Ty and I met Steve, Dan, and Ryan for an epic day skiing at Vail. They had 8+ inches of fresh, and we hit it hard. My new skiis ripped. We spent most of the day doing tree runs in Blue Sky Basin and jumping the cliff band on Skree Field. Saw a guy land a 540 switch (backwards for you non-skiers) on the Outer Mongolia bowl, pretty awesome. I was able to get my first grab after jumping a road down Cloud 9. When I get pics I'll post. Later sat in traffic for 3+ hours and inhaled some wings and pizza at Beau Joe's in Idaho Springs (great place to eat). All in all great weekend.

No comments: