Monday, June 19

Rocky MTN Omnium

My parents came out for this weekend while I was trying to find my legs. It was a little rough considering I had taken off 16 days from being sick and our trip to Italy. I ended up 22nd in 8 mile time trial 1:26 off the winner. I was pretty happy with this considering I didn't have a TT bike or aero bars and it was only my 5th day back on the bike. The Circuit race next day wasn't as fun. It was a 1.2 mile circuit where I ended up 29th after getting dropped on the 1/2 mile (200 ft elevation gain) climb after about 3 laps. I had no legs and the 90+ temp was brutal. The last crit was in downtown Golden and probably the funnest race so far this year. My result again was 29th, but the course was awesome with 8 turns. There was probably about 1000 spectators which was pretty cool. I held on for about half the race then rolled solo for about 5 laps, and then waited for a group of 7 to catch me and basically waited for the field sprint which I took. Overall not bad considering how long I had been off the bike. Wish I could have pulled a better result while my parents were in town.

3 comments:

Bike Drool said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bike Drool said...

The downtown Golden Crit. is a riot!! I agree, it's really fun. (if it's the same course they had in 2004? otherwise, I'm commenting on a different course.) However, I did do the RMO that year. I thought the uphill TT in Evergreen was kind of cool.

C. Dugan said...

It was the same course as 04. Pretty fun event. May make it a goal for next year since it is the Colorado State Crit Championship.