Monday, June 19

Louisville and City Park

I basically imploded at the Louisville crit. 95+ temp took its toll. I had no problem hanging with pack but got chest pains about 20 minutes in. It felt like my respiratory tract was on fire so I pulled the plug hoping to get some rest for city park. I hate DNFing but thought it would be best. Next day I felt much better at city park. This is a very technical course with several turns and 2 turns and 4 round abouts. I started off well, but on the second lap I was sitting about 25 when two guys in front of my got tangled and almost went down forcing me to slam on the breaks and that was it. The first group of 20 were gone. I then spent the next 10 minutes working with 4 others to get back, but 2 of the guys didn't know how to do a rotating paceline. Pretty frustrating. We then had 4 more join us and I thought we would get back. We got the gap down to 10 seconds, but this GS boulder would pull through and block then you pass him and he would cut you off in the corners. Total tool. The gap got back up to 25 seconds so I had a go solo as the group I was with wasn't going to get back. I got it down to 15 seconds after a lap and half, but wasn't going to be able to catch on without blowing up, so I sat up let the group catch me and sat on the back until last lap. Typical last lap - I was sitting 9th going into the last 2 turn around, watch guy in front of me (gs boulder) touch wheels trying to cut corner (big suprise) and go down, next round about watched another guy go down taking the corner to fast and then another guys just fell over, but I don't know why. I ended up taking the field sprint again for 23rd. Even though the result isn't good, I felt like I was getting my legs back.

No comments: