Wednesday, May 27

Lowertown Arts Festival

Cori, Coen & I met Jessi, Gage and Taylor at the Lowertown Arts Festival in Paducah last Saturday, to just hangout. 1st priority was getting lunch. I opted for a gyro from one of those festival trailers, not exactly authentic. Spent most of my time watching Gage eat a corndog for the first time. He was really confused about the stick. Amy Lavere was playing on the stage. Great tunes, think I'll try to pick up her album this week. Ran by the Maiden Alley Cinema tent. Cori, my Mom, and I caught the Kite Runner here. Unfortunately with Coen, we haven't been able to catch very many shows here. They are now running a "Guys Night Out" & "Chick Flicks" promo. They are showing Fight Club on June 30th sounds fun.

We then browsed a few of the galleries. I made one purchase from Enrique Gonzalez who was in from Lexington for just 2 days for the showing. He had some really fantastic horse racing paintings, but I chose the following. Bet you can't guess why?



photo quality isn't that good, took it from my phone. It's 24 x 48, and makes a nice addition to another cycling painting I picked up in Florence a couple years ago.

The kids only lasted another 1 hr before the sweltering humidity and heat intiated some mental breakdowns. After a stop at Etcetera Coffeehouse for an Izze Sparking Grapefruit soda, we called it a day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dugan, glad to hear you are moving to Carbondale. I am ready to do some riding, let me know when you have some free time, I'll make the ride down from stl.
wilkins