Monday, January 8

Want an update?

Weather in Denver right now sucks, and isn't supposed to improve for the foreseeable future. Need to ride my bike, getting very cranky. Did take my first skate skiing lesson at Eldora Saturday which was challenging. Would have been better, if it was warmer than 15 degrees and the wind wasn't blowing 25mph. Look here for some pics of what Skate Sking looks like. Felt the need to include this b/c most people don't know what it is. Sunday I went with Ty to Keystone to freeze my ass off, ski a few runs, and then sit in traffic for 2 1/2 hours back to Denver - YEAH!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were the lessons good? Was thinking about doing the same thing.

C. Dugan said...

I definately recommend a lesson. I took the group lesson for $40 which included everything. I think next time I might just do the private or semi-private. We had 8 people in my group so it made it difficult to pick up a lot in 2 hours. Also Eldora's terrain is pretty tough if you've never done it. Next time I plan to go Snow MTN ranch or Devil's Thumb.

Unknown said...

Keep me in mind. I have classic & skate, but prefer classic. Skating hurts me too much from falling :-).

Holla!

C. Dugan said...

That was my 1st time and I fell about 10 times. Haven't tried Classic yet. Might be up for something this weekend, if it is above 0 degrees.