Monday, May 1

VO2 Max 2nd Test

I had my 2nd VO2 max test today. Can't say that I was motivated at all, and my legs weren't feeling the freshest either after Deer Trail on Saturday. After a Dexa scan, and getting stuck 5 times (ouch!) to get a line in so they could draw lactate levels I was on my way. Highlights of my results from all Test:

Dropped my body fat percentage 3.3 points since February 21st. Weight dropped from 162 to 156.

Increased My VO2 max from 52.2 to 59.3

Max HR dropped from 186 to 181, which most likely reflects that I wasn't rested enough.

Should have Lactate back in 2 weeks.

5 comments:

Davey B said...

whoa, when i had mine tested in feb i had only done easy base miles. the doc told me it probably wouldn't get much better (65, 4.1 % body fat). now i want to have mine tested again....

Davey B said...

whoa, when i had mine tested in feb i had only done easy base miles. the doc told me it probably wouldn't get much better (65, 4.1 % body fat). now i want to have mine tested again....

Bike Drool said...

damn, dawg... 156 lbs?! you should be a climbing fool this summer!

C. Dugan said...

I wasn't expecting that big of a jump either. From what I've read people who have done no type of cardiovascular exercise have been able to increase it as much as 25-30% with proper training, but those who do have a strong background in these activities may only be able to raise it 5-15%.

C. Dugan said...

I wish I could climb. 156 doesn't sound that good to 125 and 130 some of these skinny shits weigh out here.